DR. MIKE DAMROW A West Bend native, I made my way to the Fox Valley area to attend Lawrence University in Appleton. I majored in biology, with the ultimate goal being to become a dentist. After working for a few years after college, I headed to Philadelphia, PA, to attend Temple University for dental school. After graduating with my DMD degree in 2007, I completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency at the veteran’s hospital in Milwaukee. Then, I worked for nearly 6 years as an Associate Dentist at a thriving general dentistry practice in Green Bay. I’m thrilled to now be a practice owner in the Fox Valley area, as I opened Damrow Dental in June 2014. My wife Tricia and I reside in the Town of Harrison with our two overly-fed cats and our beloved and extremely spoiled yellow lab, Fozzie. I’m a weekend fixture at the Appleton dog park, so maybe I’ll see you there. I also enjoy fishing, camping, hiking, traveling, working on my yard, watching movies, and watching most sports. I’m a huge fan of wrestling, and I like to spend hours following wrestling news (just ask my wife). I started wrestling at the age of 5, and competed all the way through high school and college, so I especially enjoy following the area high school wrestling teams and all college wrestling. The NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships is, without a doubt, my favorite thing to watch all year. I’m genuinely passionate about dentistry. I enjoy the technical and scientific aspects of the procedures, but I also love working with my patients and serving their needs. I take great pride in being a patient-oriented dentist. I strive to educate everyone about oral health and how they can achieve and maintain it. Also, I believe strongly in pursuing continuing education courses in order to expand and perfect the types of procedures I am able to perform and to stay current in the profession.
Things You Might Not Know About Me:
- I toured around Europe with a college buddy for one month after graduating from college. My favorite stop on our tour was Rome.
- I’ve had a job of some sort since I was 9 years old.
- My wife and I eloped to Door County to get married.
- I get nachos with cheese and extra jalapenos anytime I go to a sporting event, and then I always feel sick. But, I love it anyway.
- I used to wrestle at the 133 pound weight class in college. In high school, I wrestled mostly at the 103 pound weight class. I like to joke that I am, “twice the man I was back then…literally.”